Smoothie bowls are best for breakfast, snacks or even dessert – especially in the summer!
One of my favorite things about smoothie bowls – other than the fact they make me feel like I’m sitting on a beach and soaking sun – is their eye-popping tropical colors.
This hot pink smoothie bowl’s color comes from dragon fruit – a “strawberry pear” indigenous to Mexico and South America. Dragon fruit is full of fiber with 7 grams in only 1 cup, plus Vitamin C, iron and magnesium.
To make this plant-based tropical smoothie bowl, all you need is dragon fruit, mango chunks, banana and orange juice, plus the toppings of your choice! Get the recipe below!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 banana (peeled & frozen)
- 1 pack (100g) frozen dragon fruit
- 1 cup mango chunks (frozen)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 kiwi fruit (peeled & sliced)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Combine the smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender until the smoothie is thick and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie from the blender into a bowl and garnish with your favorite toppings like kiwi, unsweetened coconut flakes and hemp seeds. Enjoy!
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one serving of the Tropical Smoothie Bowl is approximately:
- 2.5 Fruit serving
- 1 Healthy Fat serving
Nutritional Note: One serving is approximately 250 calories.