Yes or no? Your morning sets the tone for the day.
Do you hit ‘snooze’ when the alarm goes off? Are you rushing to get dressed and get out the door? Do you check your messages right away and receive some bad news that puts you in an undesirable mood?
Or maybe during Covid times you lie in bed scrolling through social media before your brain has even had the chance to recognize what day it is.
Either way, a solid morning routine that allows you to focus on your intentions for the day can help you control your schedule as opposed to your schedule controlling you.
When you focus on the tasks ahead without added distraction or limited time, you tend to have a more productive and successful day.
Here is my 7 step morning routine for a successful day…
STEP 1: JOURNAL ABOUT YOUR DAY
STEP 2: WAKE-UP NATURALLY
STEP 3: CHECK-IN WITH YOURSELF
- How do you feel physically, mentally and emotionally?
- How do you see your day playing out?
- What intentions will you set for the day?
- What are your top 3 priorities?
One of my favorite quotes from Buddha is, “What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.”
If you feel good – then great! If not, what can you do to change that? Maybe you can boost your endorphins with a 10-minute workout or ease your mind with meditation.
STEP 4: READ
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty
STEP 5: DRESS FOR HOW YOU WANT TO FEEL
STEP 6: NOURISH YOUR BODY
- Everything Avocado Toast
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Maple Almond Overnight Oats
- Vegetable Tofu Scramble
- Coconut Zucchini Bread