With just 3 ingredients, you can make a crunchy chocolate covered peanut butter cookie that has the perfect balance of a sweet and salty dessert.
These are one of my favorite desserts to make! Side note: It isn’t often I have to make these myself because my mom makes and sells them in her candy shop… and she may sneak me a few from time to time. Regardless, these are super easy to make!
The beauty of this vegan cookie is that you only need 10 minutes to prepare and it’s done in 5 easy steps. The chocolate covered peanut butter cookie is made by spreading creamy peanut butter between whole wheat Ritz crackers and dipping them in melted vegan chocolate chunks (you can use regular chocolate too if desired). You’ll find that this dessert is both simple and satisfying, plus perfect for family fun…
Get the recipe below!
Ingredients (5 cookies)
- 10 Ritz crackers (whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (vegan if desired; I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- Wax Paper
- Line a sheet of wax paper on a small tray or plate that’ll fit in the freezer. Set aside.
- Spread an even amount of peanut butter on 5 Ritz crackers. Then top each peanut butter cracker with another cracker to make a sandwich; you should have 5 sandwich cookies.
- Add the chocolate chunks to a microwavable bowl. Heat the chocolate in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir and repeat the heating process until chocolate is fully melted; the chocolate can burn, so be sure to stir it frequently.
- Place one cookie at a time into the bowl of melted chocolate. Use a fork to gently turn the sandwich to coat it in chocolate. Then use the fork to remove it, letting any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place the chocolate coated cookie onto the wax paper. Repeat this step for the remaining 4 cookies.
- Once all cookies are coated, place the tray or plate of them in the freezer for 10 minutes for chocolate to harden. Enjoy!
*Keep the sandwich cookies stored in a cool area so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Ritz Cookie is approximately:
- 2 servings Grains
- 1/8 serving Healthy Fats
Nutritional Note: One cookie is approximately 175.