Vinegar Summer Slaw
A healthy alternative to creamy coleslaw with colorful shreds of red cabbage, broccoli and carrots combined with a vinegar-oil, maple and mustard dressing.
This plant-based and light take on a summer staple is my favorite! It only takes 5 minutes and 2 steps to prepare which makes it my go-to when I need a quick side of vegetables. I love to pair it with anything BBQ, add it to a salad or just eat it as is.
Get the vegan Vinegar Summer Slaw recipe below!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 12oz. bag bag shredded broccoli slaw (broccoli, carrots & red cabbage)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, syrup, oil, celery seed and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add the slaw to the dressing and combine well. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!*
*For best results, cover and refrigerate the dressed slaw for about 30-minutes to allow the flavors to blend and soak into the slaw.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you like it in the comments!
Try the latest Strong.Bold.Healthy refreshing lunch option: Greek Goddess Bowl!
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one serving of the Vinegar Summer Slaw is approximately:
- 1/2 Vegetable serving
- 1/8 Grain serving
- 1 Healthy Fat serving
Nutritional Note: One serving is approximately 131 calories. Recipe makes about 4 cups; one serving is approximately one 1 cup.
Sign up for your FREE Mini-Meal Plan!