Pumpkin Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
On more than one occasion, I have caught myself dozing off in the midst of my workday only to head to the pantry and grab the first pre-packaged snack that catches my eye.
I can relate all too well to my clients who have that craving for something sweet in the afternoon and grab the most convenient “pick-me-up” they can find. Unfortunately, the afternoon sweet tooth can leave us feeling even more lethargic than had we not eaten anything.
With pumpkin season upon us, I wanted to make something super yummy, easy, sweet and festive…
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Bliss Balls are a healthy plant-based and naturally sweetened treat that you can easily pop into your mouth to give you have extra boost to charge through the afternoon.
With only 5 primary ingredients – not counting a pinch of salt – and 10 minutes, these balls of energy will become your new favorite snack. To make these vegan Pumpkin Peanut Butter Bliss Balls, I use pecans, dates, pumpkin puree, powdered peanut butter and pumpkin pie spice.
Get this super easy and delicious recipe below!
Ingredients (12-15 servings)
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 8 oz. bag Medjool dates (pitted)
- 4 Tbsp. pure pumpkin puree (canned)
- 2 Tbsp. powdered peanut butter
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a plate or small tray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush the whole pecans. Then pour the crushed pecans in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor. Puree until the dates become dough-like.
- Then add the powdered peanut butter, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Puree again until all ingredients are well combines.
- Take about a golfball-size piece of dough and roll it in between your hands to create a small 1-inch ball. Roll the ball into the bowl of crushed pecans and coat. Then transfer the ball to the parchment paper.
- Repeat the step above for all remaining bliss balls. Enjoy!*
*For best results, chill the bliss balls before serving. The bliss balls will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you like it in the comments!
Try this fall-inspired Strong.Bold.Healthy soup: Autumn Squash Soup!
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one serving of the Pumpkin Peanut Butter Bliss Balls is approximately:
- 1/2 Healthy Fat serving
- 1/2 Grain serving
Nutritional Note: One serving is approximately 92 calories.
Sign up for your FREE Mini-Meal Plan!