An easy plant-based meal that is both refreshing and filling is the Mediterranean Flatbread.
This healthy lunch is stuffed with mediterranean flavors of hummus, deli-roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, Greek kalamata olives, pepperoncinis and an array of fresh veggies like crispy cucumber, red onion, tomato and spinach.
With only 210 calories, 10 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber per serving, this vegan Mediterranean Flatbread will satisfy those hunger pangs.
The best thing about this plant-based Mediterranean Flatbread – other than it only taking 10 minutes to make – is that all the veggies are optional…
You can pick and choose which vegetables suit your tastebuds to make this flatbread your own creation!
Get the recipe below…
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 large whole wheat flatbread (10×12 inches)
- 4 Tbsp. hummus (flavor of choice)
- 1/8 cup red onion (diced)
- 5 Greek Kalamata olives – (pitted & sliced)
- 3 Pepperoncini peppers (remove stems & seeds, slice)
- 3 quartered marinated artichoke hearts (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cucumbers (chopped)
- 1/4 cup deli-sliced roasted red pepper strips
- 4 plum tomato slices
- 1 handful fresh spinach leaves
- Spread the hummus on half the flatbread. Fold the flatbread in half and toast for 1 minute (optional).
- After toasting, open the flatbread up and add all the veggies* to the side of the flatbread with the hummus. Gently fold in the sides of the flatbread and roll it up to create a wrap. Enjoy!!
*All veggies are optional.
Did you like this wrap? Let me know in the comments and check out this Mediterranean Pizza recipe!
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one serving of the Mediterranean Flatbread is approximately:
- 1 Grain servings
- 1 Vegetable servings
- 1 Healthy Fat serving
Nutritional Note: One serving is approximately 210 calories.
Sign up for your FREE Mini-Meal Plan!