Lemon Glazed Blueberry Muffins
Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits to include in my breakfasts and snacks! From overnight oats and parfaits to these plant-based Lemon Glazed Blueberry Muffins, you can never go wrong with the powerhouse fruit that provides…
The flavor of lemon and blueberry complement one another making these vegan Lemon Glazed Blueberry Muffins one of my all time favorite flavorful foods! Plus, they only take 10-15 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to bake. They are easy to grab-and-go on a busy workday, and they can satisfy sweet cravings in the afternoon.
To make these vegan muffins moist and super dense, I use silken tofu which is a great source of protein. For additional protein, I highly recommend using pea milk as opposed to other plant milks.
Get the recipe below…
Ingredients (12 servings)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (press tofu before using)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup plant milk (pea milk or oat milk work best)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add the sugar mixture into the flour mixture to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the pressed tofu, vanilla and ½ cup blueberries. Puree.
- Scoop half the tofu mixture into the flour bowl. Then add ¼ cup milk. Whisk to combine. Add the remaining tofu mixture and milk; whisk to combine to make a batter.
- Fold the remaining blueberries into the batter without mashing them.
- In a non-stick muffin pan, divide the batter equally to make 12 muffins. Bake for 30-40 minutes until muffins are cooked through.
- Prepare the Glaze: Meanwhile, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make a glaze. When the muffins have cooled, drizzle the glaze over them. Enjoy!
Want more muffin recipes?! You’ve got to try these Banana Nut Muffins!
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one Lemon Glazed Blueberry Muffin is approximately:
- 1 serving Healthy Fats
- 2 servings Grains
- 1/4 serving Fruit
Note: Strong.Bold.Healthy does not promote calorie counting. However, being that some may use calorie counting as a tool to help maintain a healthy weight, 1 Lemon Glazed Blueberry Muffin is approximately 263 calories.
Sign up for your FREE Mini-Meal Plan!