Greek Goddess Bowl
Eating plenty of veggies while getting adequate protein, whole grains and healthy fats in your meal just got easier with this plant-based Greek Goddess Bowl that takes only 15 minutes to toss together!
This Strong.Bold.Healthy meal has officially made it to my regular rotation of weekly meals because it’s so simple and easy to make – not to mention, it is super filling.
To balance out the load of veggies that include crisp romaine lettuce, cucumber, artichokes, kalamata olives, red onion and cherry tomatoes in this bowl, I decided to use the ancient grain farro.
Farro has a nutty flavor and chewy texture and makes this Greek Goddess Bowl a nutrition powerhouse; it has a similar fiber and protein make-up as quinoa with 7 grams of fiber and protein per serving.
To take the flavor over-the-top, I added seasoned chickpeas using an All Purpose Greek Seasoning which you can make at home using this recipe or take the easy way out like I did and buy the pre-made seasoning (find the link in the ingredients list below).
You can complete the salad by topping it with a Cucumber Dill Sauce, otherwise known as Tzatziki or any flavor of hummus. Salad dressing is also an option, but try to stick with a vinaigrette to keep the salad light and healthy!
Get the Greek Goddess Bowl recipe below!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (rinsed, drained and patted dry with paper towel)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 cup farro (cook according to package directions)
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce (rinsed & chopped)
- 6 jarred artichoke hearts (packed in oil)
- 10 kalamata olives (pitted)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber (chopped)
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 4 jarred Pepperoncinis
- 4 Tbsp. Cucumber Dill Sauce (Tzatziki) or Hummus*
- Prepare the Seasoned Chickpeas: In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add the oil, garbanzo beans and Greek seasoning. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the beans begin to dry out and pop. Set aside.
- Prepare the Salad: Combine the lettuce, farro, onion, cucumber, artichokes, olives and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl or separate the ingredients between 2 larger salad bowls.
- Top each salad with the seasoned chickpeas, pepperoncinis and Cucumber Dill Sauce or hummus (any flavor). Serve chilled. Enjoy!
*The Cucumber Dill Sauce or hummus serves as a dressing; you can always use regular salad dressing if desired. Vinaigrettes are healthier dressing options compared to creamy ones.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you like it in the comments!
Try the latest Strong.Bold.Healthy breakfast or healthy snack recipe: Everything Avocado Toast!
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one serving of the Greek Goddess Bowl is approximately:
- 1/3 Healthy Fat serving
- 1 Grain serving
- 3 Vegetable Servings
- 2 Meat/Dairy Alternative (Protein) servings
Nutritional Note: One serving is approximately 456 calories. Nutrition information is based on all salad ingredients excluding the hummus or cucumber dill sauce. One serving of salad with 2 Tbsp. cucumber dill sauce is approximately 481 calories. One serving of salad with 2 Tbsp. hummus is approximately 526 calories.
Sign up for your FREE Mini-Meal Plan!