Easy Pumpkin Cookies
These Easy Pumpkin Cookies are light, fluffy, vegan and take only 10-15 minutes to prep – what’s not to like?!
While most cookies are made with butter, sugar, flour and eggs, I needed an egg substitute to keep this cookie vegan. So to stay on track with my fall-themed pumpkin recipes, I swapped the egg for unsweetened applesauce.
That’s right! In just about any baked goods recipes, you can sub 1 egg for 1/4 cup applesauce and your recipes will turn out just as good (if not better) than if you were to use an egg.
To make the pumpkin flavor pop, I topped each cookie with homemade vanilla icing and garnished them pumpkin spice.
These cloud-like pumpkin cookies are ones you won’t be able to get enough of…
Get the Easy Pumpkin Cookie recipe below!
Ingredients (12 cookies)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy butter (softened)
- 2 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. non-dairy butter (softened)
- 1-2 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl whip together the butter and sugars. Stir in the pumpkin, apple sauce and vanilla extra. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Slowly stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Combine to make a sticky dough.
- Scoop 12 even sized dough balls onto a non-stick baking sheet spreading each a few inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and fluffy.
- In the meantime, whisk together the icing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. The icing will thicken as it sits, but you may need to add more sugar if the icing is too thin. Set aside.
- When the cookies are finished baking, let them cool for about 30 minutes. When cool, use a butter knife to spread the icing on top of each cookie. Then sprinkle the cookies with pumpkin spice. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments.
Want more pumpkin recipes? Checkout these Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one serving of Easy Pumpkin Cookies (1 cookie) is approximately:
- 1 servings Grains
- 1/2 serving Healthy Fats
Note: Strong.Bold.Healthy does not promote calorie counting. However, being that some may use calorie counting as a tool to help maintain a healthy weight, 1 serving of Easy Pumpkin Cookies (1 cookie) is approximately 111 calories. Nutritional information is a rough estimate.
Sign up for your FREE Mini-Meal Plan!