Broccoli, Carrots and Couscous with Dill Sauce
The simplest way to meal prep is to batch cook! And the best way to not get bored with your meals is to add variety with different sauces, dips and flavorings.
For this quick and easy plant-based food prep, I paired together a grain, vegetables, a plant-protein and healthy fat. I used couscous, broccoli, carrots and chickpeas then whipped up a lemon-garlic and dill yogurt sauce to toss it with. Get the recipe below!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 15oz. cans chickpeas (drained, rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups carrots (sliced into 1 inch pieces)
- Sea salt & pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry couscous (original)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Pinch sea salt
Dill Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain, non-dairy yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh dill
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2-3 tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Spread the broccoli florets over one baking pan and the carrots over the other. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over the broccoli and 1 tablespoon oil over the carrots. Toss to coat. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper is desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (turning halfway through) until broccoli and carrots are tender. If you like your vegetables slightly charred, then bake longer.
- In a medium saucepan, bring vegetable broth and salt to a boil. Stir in dry couscous, remove the saucepan from the heat and cover with a lid. Let sit for 5 minutes until couscous is tender. Fluff with a fork to serve.*
- Combine the yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon, salt and cayenne in a bowl. Then stir in the olive oil.
Assemble the Meals
- Use 4 medium-sized food storage containers with lids to store meals. Evenly divide the couscous, chickpeas, broccoli and carrots into each storage container. When ready to eat, heat the meal in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Top with 2 tbsp. dill sauce to serve.
Do you want to see more meals like this? Let me know in the comments.
Make more roasted veggies with this plant-based charcuterie board!
If you are following the SBH Plant-Based 21-day Meal Plan, one serving of Broccoli and Carrot Couscous with Dill Sauce is approximately:
- 2.25 servings Protein
- 1 serving Grains
- 1.5 servings Vegetables
- 1 serving Healthy Fats
Note: Strong.Bold.Healthy does not promote calorie counting. However, being that some may use calorie counting as a tool to help maintain a healthy weight, 1 serving of Broccoli and Carrot Couscous with Dill Sauce is approximately 468 calories. Nutritional information is a rough estimate.
Sign up for your FREE Mini-Meal Plan!